Releasing in early June, Mylio Photos software syncs photos and videos across a secure and personal network. This enables photographers to organize, access, and protect photos from loss — with no internet or cloud required.
BELLEVUE, WA – May 24, 2022 — With a smartphone in every pocket, people are taking more photos and videos than they can keep track of. Backing up and organizing all those memories is proving to be a challenge.
Enter Mylio Photos, set for release on June 8, 2022. The photo software application overcomes the limits of cloud-based photo applications such as costly storage, compromises in privacy, and a lack of control over how photos are organized and managed. Mylio Photos also adds groundbreaking and valuable improvements to any photo workflow.
Mylio Photos is a next-generation, device-based photo library that focuses on privacy, anytime access, and ease of use. With nearly a decade of development leveraging the advantages of local media storage, security, sync, and backup, Mylio Photos simplifies complex connectivity challenges.
“Photographs represent memories that only grow more valuable with time. When thinking about the legacy photos represent and what information they contain, we need to think about protecting them long-term,” says David Vaskevitch, CEO of Mylio and the former CTO of Microsoft.
Mylio Photos makes having a lifetime of images on a phone or tablet quick, easy, and inexpensive. How it works:
With Mylio Photos, all devices are connected to create a single photo library. Optimized images can be stored on mobile devices, so even the biggest photo library can fit on a smartphone.
- Smart Previews are tiny: typically less than 5% of the original size. Yet they are fully editable like a raw file.
- Intelligent in-app deduplication makes it easy to free up space on mobile devices and optimize storage.
- The app provides blazing sync speeds via a personal network or the internet.
Mylio Photos makes organization and protection fast. Here’s how it works:
Organizing photos is on everyone’s to-do list. But it is often avoided since the process can seem overwhelming, especially with a large library.
- Advanced facial recognition automatically organizes photos. The program runs privately on devices.
- Multi-faceted search makes finding photos faster. In addition to keywords, calendar events, dates, and GPS location, search by camera, lens, ratings, folder, and of course, text.
- Mylio Photos simplifies the backup of photos from social media and photo-sharing networks.
Mylio Photos lets you leave the cloud. Here’s how it works:
By syncing and protecting photos on a personal network of storage and viewing devices, Mylio Photos allows those who want to avoid the cloud do so.
- Mylio Photos allows unlimited image storage on existing devices and hard drives. This allows users to cut cloud data fees and gain added control.
- An optional cloud backup can easily be added, but with a vital control: encryption. Only authorized devices can see and decode the images.
Pricing and availability
- Mylio Photos is available for $99 a year with no devices or image count limits.
- Mylio Photos is scheduled to ship on June 8, 2022.
- Free 30-day trial for new users. No credit card required.
- Mylio Photos offers free training and support.
- Available as an application for macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS.
To learn more about Mylio Photos and sign up for updates and early-bird discounts, visit www.mylio.com.
About Mylio Photos
Mylio Photos is changing the way people organize and protect a lifetime of photos.